1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy parts...

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by Drew, Oct 23, 2017.

1. apaulo.bay

apaulo.bay Screw

alright you convinced me hahaha will go to enomoto circuit
    but by the looks of it force labo and dribar are pretty much the same concept, do you have a preference between the two?

2. yao wei

yao wei Lock Nut

Sir Drew please edit the United Arab Emirates Section of your post. will need to add some more details

UAE - Dubai
    otakume.com
    gocheap.ae
    comicave - dubai outlet mall

UAE - Abu Dhabi
    ALGADGETS - Al WAhda Mall

Drew likes this.
  3. ltr74

ltr74 FRP H-Bar

Take a car to Enomoto, he loves seeing racers cars from around the world.

I have not been to Dribar but I know people who have and have seen pictures. It looks like many of the local mini4wd shops in Japan. They work with what they have to create as space to tune and race. I wish I could have visited it. Force Labo is serious business. They will have their version of the 5 lane 2019 Japan Cup track layout up through the end of the the races, then Fall or winter layouts, whatever is the next big Tamiya race. Depending on when you go, there are seriously fast people there.

Unless you're racing at a higher level, somewhere like Dribar is likely a better spot to go. There is also a place called M428 near Kanda Station in Tokyo that had good praise from some people I know that visited. Most places will have really fast racers who are regulars at them, just depends on the day/time you visit.

4. apaulo.bay

apaulo.bay Screw

damn looks like i need to up my game more, i'd say i'm novice and would love to learn more about the hobby and get inspiration from the racers up in japan, its hard to grab parts here ins Australia so i'm going to bulk buy a lot of things.

5. ltr74

ltr74 FRP H-Bar

So I had 4 extra hours to spend in Tokyo yesterday, went to Tamiya Plamodel Factory. I definitely recommend it. Good selection of parts and track was a nice relaxing environment with a bunch of kids as well as adults testing a variety of cars of all levels. Be sure to pick out the parts downstairs then take them to the first floor to pay and get your pass for the track on the second floor. I kinda wish I could have stayed a little longer, but had a plane to catch.

Drew likes this.
  6. apaulo.bay

apaulo.bay Screw

thanks for that man do they sell cowl only parts? was thinking of grabbing the dump truck cowl

7. ltr74

ltr74 FRP H-Bar

I did not specifically see dump truck bodies, but really was not looking for them. They do have a small section with different bodies. One thing to look for when you go is the 13mm HG black rollers. They are discontinued and are quite good. Kicking myself now that I only picked up two pairs when I could have resold sets when I get home. They should be near the downstairs cash register with all the other new parts.

8. apaulo.bay

apaulo.bay Screw

ooooh thats nice to know thanks man