1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Super FM Body Damper Build by Shindouz

Discussion in 'Super X-XX / Super TZ-TZX / Super FM' started by Shindouz, Sep 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Shindouz

Shindouz Spacer

Hey everyone my name is Shin. I only play Super FM and I'm a Super FM Lover due to the anime series of Let's & Go Tamiya Mini 4WD. It's not perfect yet but I'd like to share what I have done with it so far. If you guys have any new reinforcement method for year 2018 please share. Right now im having problem with controlling the front roller angle for more aggresive bank such as an 80 degree bank.

Update : 30/10/18
    At long last finished my festa jaune custom poly cowl for my Super FM Chassis! :) Still looking for some stickers to spice the brand new cowl up! It's really unfortunate that I'd have to split this pretty cowl into half in order to utilize the hanging jaw system. I thought of just playing with side mount dampers but figure hanging jaw would be much more effective in terms of day to day basis performance. Oh Well what is done is done. Below there is a video of it's run with the new cowl. Leave me some suggestion.

20181029_202813.jpg

Update : 19/10/18

I use to have problem with the front roller angle but after an unfortunate accident the other day I've decided to cut the front bumper and make it a bumperless SFM. Right now I'm dealing with more stability and overall weight. I also brought my body damper closer to the ground as so like @Z3N Bluster mentioned in his S2FM Sliding Bumper video the closer your dampers are to the ground the more stable your machine will be. Switched to 19mm rollers on the front as well for more stability instead of a 12-13mm roller with a faster cornering speed.

Also trying a new floating gear system on the superfm to see how it works. Please feel free to provide me any suggestion.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Drew likes this.
  2. yao wei

yao wei Spacer

maybe this

3. Shindouz

Shindouz Spacer

Thanks it's climbing up now nicely! :D Here is a video of it.

Attached Files:

4. Shindouz

Shindouz Spacer

Updated 30/10/18