1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Question(s) Thread

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by M4R, Apr 17, 2017.

1. ltr74

ltr74 FRP Popsicle

If you want a quick upgrade on it, pick up a torque tuned motor for it as well.

2. KOBLD

KOBLD Box Kit

Actually already got one of those coming, I made a small order of some stuff I saw on YouTube that I thought I'd try out and that was one of them, so that works out nicely. Thanks!

3. KOBLD

KOBLD Box Kit

Sorry for the double post, but a quick question about paint: I've ordered a few of the polycarbonate bodies. So far I've been painting regular bodies with the TS Tamiya paints. Do I need to switch to PS for the polycarbonate? I've seen mixed answers to this and want to know before I go buy more paint.

4. tarutaru

tarutaru Screw

TS paint will chip off on poly body, and PS paint is less likely to chip since its able to flex a little with the body.

KOBLD likes this.
  5. KamilA

KamilA Box Kit

Regarding gear sets. Asuming that motor speeds are the same between single and double shaft motor versions. Since the single shaft chassis have up to 5:1 while double shaft chassis have up to only 4 :1. That would mean that single shaft motors would have the faster acceleration? How could the double shafts be set up for faster acceleration then?

6. yao wei

yao wei Spacer

theoretically speaking, double shaft motors (ma and ms chassis) has a higher power distribution ratio because of the lack of propeller shaft. 2 sets of wheels are directly driven by the motor, so much more efficient drivetrain. i am thinking that 4:1 gear is enough already because of this.
    not an expert but giving away my just 2 cents

KamilA and Feroce like this.