1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Question(s) Thread

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by M4R, Apr 17, 2017.

1. ltr74

ltr74 FRP Popsicle

Roscoe's problem at the start was likely not sliding damper related. From the start, his car was dipping to the left causing problems. Likely the front or rear left under guard/brake was hitting before the right side causing it to drag a bit giving inconsistent jumps. The fast corner right before the slope would make that more of a problem as the car has little space to straighten out. On the other slope wth several straights before the slope, the car would straighten out a bit and still likely tilt a bit but still be okay.

Though I find it interesting he did not play with front mass dampers much. A heavier car will jump a shorter distance and can be really helpful with those table tops and keeping the car low enough that it sticks in the channel better.

But yes, every track is different. Some people build multiple cars and race many of them each race day trying to find the best one. . I am working on a different route. I have 4 different front roller setups, 3 front under guards, 3 rear roller setups and 2 rear under guards all prepped and ready to try on tracks. Depending on the obstacles, I will change entire front and rear ends of the car. It's quicker and easier to have them all prepped. 2 screws and the whole front end is changed.

Feroce likes this.
  2. Reuben Herries

Reuben Herries Washer

Catapult effect!! ha ha ha that was me on my last race!! not even sure what happened but it was spectacular!!
    Thanks and I will have a look.

Feroce likes this.