1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio and Midwest Mini4wd Racing

Discussion in 'General' started by Ohio Mini4wd, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Ohio Mini4wd

Ohio Mini4wd Box Kit

Hey, the purpose of this thread is to discuss Ohio Mini4wd and start to plan events in the state and beyond.

I am just an individual looking to raise awareness for Mini4wd on social media, partner with local hobby stores, and get events planned.

You can check it out at https://www.facebook.com/OhioMini4wd/

Also instagram @ohiomini4wd

And a website where you can sign up to receive future info on events, leagues, and more https://ohiomini4wd.weebly.com/

I have a small stash of track, roughly 25 meters 2 lane, but plan to purchase a longer 3 lane track for events. Everything is at cost to me, I already waste enough money on hobbies, I figure I should find a way to share and get this awesome hobby in front of more people. So no money making scheme on my end, just a guy who really wishes we had a Mini4wd league in the midwest and was willing to try to start something.

If you're interested hit me up, direct email is ohiomini4wd@gmail.com

Cheers![​IMG]

Attached Files:

AaronWebb91 and SignOfZeta like this.
  2. SignOfZeta

SignOfZeta Spacer

Sadly Delaware, OH is still over a 2.5 drive for me each way. If you know of any shops pretty much anywhere in Ohio I may visit though. I have friends in Toledo, Cincinnati and Cleveland who I occasionally visit.

AaronWebb91 and Ohio Mini4wd like this.
  3. Ohio Mini4wd

Ohio Mini4wd Box Kit

Thanks for the interest! Too bad Delaware and Columbus are a long way, but check out Findlay, OH for your drive time. I own a company with a large warehouse space that I may use to run events as well and it's located in Findlay. My goal is to expand events and clubs all around Ohio.

AaronWebb91 likes this.
  4. SignOfZeta

SignOfZeta Spacer

If it’s a big enough track I’ll be there. I only have a DIY three lane.

5. Ohio Mini4wd

Ohio Mini4wd Box Kit

To start with I will have about 30-35 meters of 3 lane track including a rainbow changer and slope. Something like the picture attached. If things take off that will quickly expand!

Attached Files:

6. AaronWebb91

AaronWebb91 Box Kit

Im in Indiana but would be 100% willing to drive to a race. I have weekends off and am really hype to meet some Midwest mini 4wd enthusiasts.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Ohio Mini4wd likes this.
  7. Ohio Mini4wd

Ohio Mini4wd Box Kit

That's awesome! I am planning our first event now, no real details just yet. I will be posting here as soon as there is a plan. Races will most likely be on Saturdays, I look forward to meeting you!

Skootertrash74 likes this.
  8. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

Hey Aaron I live in Indiana too. Hey there is abother cool way to be able to race these cars. Did you see my post of that track in California where you actually can lease cars and race them. Even buy upgrade parts for the car as well. You can also build your own car specifically for one if the classes and send it to them. They store it race if repairs are needed they fix them . You buy everything with coins. That you buy on their site you purchase with real money.but these races are endurance races very fun and cool racers we have now are from all over the world.. Thailand Germany Singapore.Italy. USA.
    Go to www.mini4wdworldcup.com
    Look around maybe sign up. It's a blast.they will also have an app for live timing and scoring as the race happens later on.

9. Skootertrash74

Skootertrash74 Box Kit

I'm in Indianapolis and considering buying a track for my daughter and I to race. I am interested

10. KOBLD

KOBLD Box Kit

I am moving back to Kentucky in the hopefully near future, Delaware OH is a bit of a rough drive for me but I could possibly make the trip up there sometime. I'd definitely like to! I'm looking to buy some track for home use, would really like to try to get something similar going in Kentucky when I am back there.

11. Chris

Chris Screw

8.5 hours for me but might make the trip from PA for an event...