1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

MA Chassis for R&D

Discussion in 'MA' started by Area51Racer, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Area51Racer

Area51Racer Screw

Got myself a MA chassis to use for a little R&D. This set up, I believe, has some potential. The mid and rear rollers are for the straights and have very little drag. The front and rear are for the turns, with the o-ring front, it really seems to plant the nose. My testing consists of starting slow and working my way up in speed. Currently running 3.7/1 gears and a Torqued Tuned motor. Have a Rev-Tuned motor and 3.5/1 gears coming. So far, it is very stable. I'll update as I progress. MA Chassis Side.jpg MA Chassis Top.jpg

Alex Soon likes this.
  2. Area51Racer

Area51Racer Screw

Rev-Tuned motor and 3.5/1 gears installed. Noticeably faster, and still staying planted on the crossover. Going to try and get to Hobbytown and try it on the big track this week.

3. yao wei

yao wei Lock Nut

looks good,
    may i ask, why do you put the side rollers?

4. Alex Soon

Alex Soon Screw

Hi, for the front, you can actually make it bumperless and add on a HG carbon stick to make it lower which is good for lower center of gavity.

See attached pic.

For me, i am stuck with this bumperless chassis which is a pain when u want to construct pivot/FL bumper (Adaptive build).

Attached Files:

5. Area51Racer

Area51Racer Screw

Just trying something outside the box. On the straight it uses the middle and rear rollers. With both being at zero angle, I'm shooting for less drag. The front rollers only come into contact in the corners and crossover.

6. Area51Racer

Area51Racer Screw

With this chassis being for R&D, I don't want to cut it up. Right now, this set up is going to get duplicated on my Tuned Class car.
    Car wasn't staying on track with open motor, going to try a different front set up, still keeping the front rollers for turns only.

7. yao wei

yao wei Lock Nut

thank you
    nice idea btw