1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General' started by M4R, Mar 29, 2017.

1. JP Noob

JP Noob Box Kit

what do you call that black rubber thing on the back on which the mass damper is attach? Thanks

2. Drew

Drew Carbon Fiber Dust

It's not rubber, it's a cut car catcher.

JP Noob likes this.
  3. JP Noob

JP Noob Box Kit

Thanks for the info!

4. Ck Coloma

Ck Coloma Box Kit

Hi
    i got into this hobby since i was in in 5th grade, i'm back because one of my friend is playing again, and then got hooked into this, gladly i can buy parts on my own now, unlike before i have to argue with my mom lol..hope this hobby would stay longer now in Philippines..I came across to this site because of my ms chassis i want to expand my knowledge on this chassis, and oh BTW dual shaft lover here..currently working on a MA flex..

Attached Files:

5. Philip Henzig

Philip Henzig Screw

Hi ,I am new to this hobby as I have raced RC cars F1 is my favoriate for many years on and off. Our local hobby shop HobbyTown West Allis WI USA started racing Mini 4wd this year and I and all here had never seen or raced the cars before within two weeks there were 30 of us building and racing the cars. These cars were totally new to all of us and Mothers, Fathers ,their children and older my age retires are all totally enjoying these cars. I currently have 30 complete cars and 8 cars used for parts.

David S. likes this.
  6. Motodisney

Motodisney Box Kit

Hello,

Just recently found this forum after my local hobby shop in central Massachusetts listed a race day coming up. I’ve had rc kits in the past but this looked really fun and intriguing. Excited to see the turn out for the race and learning more.

B

Roscoe_tm10 likes this.
  7. Roscoe_tm10

Roscoe_tm10 Spacer

Welcome to the Mini 4WD world! :)

8. Joeyxl

Joeyxl Screw

hello all. just found this fourm. am new to mini4WD and got me and my 4 year old our first cars. there is a club near me that races that i will be checking out friday. i hope to learn all i can to get my car tuned, and running well/maintaining it. its also something to share with my son, and i hope he likes it enough to learn with me :). i forsee myself getting more than one car, thank god these things are affordable (i have seen that there are some higher end setups that cost a pretty penny). thanks for having me!

Roscoe_tm10 likes this.
  9. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

Hello .I am Scott Turner. Olive in Indiana, and had always seen these for a long time,I've became handicap a couple years back and looking for a new hibby. So I ordered an AR Kit mainly cause the car looked very cool. I am a 54 yr old kid who loves toys and diecast. And video games as well as I use to Race RC Cars til my stroke.
    I would love to race these cars but I have notice there isn't a lot of interest in the States. I know over seas it's really big.
    So I live again in Indiana and was wondering from anyone that comes on here to post any tracks around Indiana such as Ohio, Illinois,kentucky ,Michigan.. .. I know there is a decent track in Madison Wisconsin. But that 6.5 hours away,and they only basically run the winter months. If they ran in the summer I might think driving that once in awhile. I hear attack called Windy City RC might be putting in attack I .The next few months .Which is still 4.5 hours away. But I too would do that.
    Soiam hoping people can come on here and suggest or tell me about any other tracks out here in the Midwest that runs these. Or facebook groups and pages.
    I really want to Race these.
    Thanks everyone

10. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

Here is the AR car I built a couple days ago, and loved building it.

Attached Files:

11. Drew

Drew Carbon Fiber Dust

Hey scott, can't help you with places to race mini4 in your area, like you say the hobby faded in western countries in comparison to asia but it's slowly starting to make a come back. That said, on the topic of RC, you ever consider going into 1/24 scale. There's a lot of decent and cheap RC's coming out of china lately like WLToys, Carisma, Atomic to name but a few along with the good old Kyosho Mini-Z. They're great for chilling out at home and still having an RC to drive and there's plenty of variation from race cars to slow rock crawlers.

Back to the topic of mini4, if there's no track close, then all I could suggest is investing in getting a track or look for somewhere that will make a cheap one for you, for example this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZZyQi_1UHlysiY9OffT5Yw
    Hope you have luck getting running.

12. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

Thanks Drew,
    Yeah I am really hoping it's going to slowly grow in popularity here in the USA again. Hopefully the hobby shop that's 4.5 hrs away from me will install a track,they did say they were in a few months.

13. Roscoe_tm10

Roscoe_tm10 Spacer

Welcome Scott! AR and MA chassis would be great for box stock races. If you need some information regarding how to modify your car or some basic information about Mini 4WD, you can check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/roscoechannel

Cheers!

14. Joeyxl

Joeyxl Screw

hello @Scott Turner. let me warn you this is very addicting, as i already own about 7 cars and i just started last week! i am fortunate enough to have a track here in toronto, canada to visit about 20 minutes on the bus, but i might be moving an hour north, where i know guys come into toronto to race. so far from what ive seen, is that there is different upgrades you can do, but im more of a person of prefrence, and not what the "hot, fastest" meta builds that exist. if i loose a race so be it, i know im having fun with others doing my own type of build, and this is what i love about it. so many different possibilities. the only issue we have here in Toronto (or canada in general) are parts. one of the stores that are sponsoring the race on sunday, are starting to get more and more parts in slowly, but it seems turning to japan for parts is the only option, as i cant even find a US store that will ship to canada (tamiya USA wont ship to canada). i hope you have fun and welcome!

15. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

Yes I've been bitten by the bug already. Built my first car on 1/22. And last night ordered another Car my first car was an AR Chassis,this one I just ordered was a MA Chassis. Only bad thing for me I have no where close to run these,one place called Track Hobbies is 6.5 hours away. There might be another Hobby Shop putting in a Track , alittle closer at 4.5 hours away. But they usually run events once month at Track Hobbies and usually only in the colder months. And where they are located they get alot of snow. So I am kinda striking out but still hopeful someone can come on here with some more Tracks some where near me.

Here is my first car I just built called Shadow Shark IMG_20190120_194915772.jpg

16. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

OK here is the Car I ordered last night got a decent deal on it and I love it's looks. toplarge.jpg

17. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

Hey Roscoe,
    Ive watched a few of your videos , very cool,and great info on how to mod the cars. you do some great work on the cars and doing some great hop ups.

18. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

Yeah Joeyxl I feel you. But just least you have race close to race your cars, if I want to race mine the closest place right now for me is over 6hoyrs away.
    But yes I am addicted already. I received my first car on 1/22 built it. And already have another Car on the way.LOL. And now I am starting to look up upgrade parts as well. But don't want to really go wild yet if I don't have a track forum them. But damn it's fun to build these little guys.

19. NeoFalcon

NeoFalcon Box Kit

Hi Everyone! My first Mini 4WD was a Falcon Jr. many years ago. I never really got interested in the hobby until now though. Recently I bought a couple of cars for my boys, ages 8 and 4, and now we are hooked. The difference this time around is that we have a great hobby store near us - Tracks Hobbies. Friendly employees and racers, and a great track. Let the good times roll!

Roscoe_tm10 likes this.
  20. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

Yes NeoFalcon,
    I seen videos of their track, I guess they have decent turn outs when they race. I am 6.5 hrs away. I was told they don't run races in the warmer months, I wish they ran that track all year round,being how I live in Indiana and tracks hobbies is in Madison Wisconsin. You guys get a lot of snow, might be tricking traveling all that way . But if they ran in the warmer months Spring and summer, I wouldn't mind making a trip once a month or so and race.