1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General' started by M4R, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Roscoe_tm10

Roscoe_tm10 Lock Nut

Hopefully you can get some idea about a Super 2 build from this video:

Good luck!

2. 808mini4wder

808mini4wder Box Kit

Nice! Thank you

Roscoe_tm10 likes this.
  3. AikunWorks

AikunWorks Box Kit

hello to everyone im aikun from japan. anyone here from japan?

4. ltr74

ltr74 FRP H-Bar

Welcome, I know there are a couple guys who post sometimes from Japan. I travel to Japan twice a year and am hoping to do Japan Cup next year.

5. AikunWorks

AikunWorks Box Kit

add me on twitter guys

Attached Files:

6. Jaygo

Jaygo Box Kit

286E3F4E-B91C-4B2D-B83B-62A91155473F.png Hi!! Just got back in to Tamiya 4wd I’m an old timer I live in Mexico and I’m setting my first ms and soon my first ma chassis still learning a lot about rollers distances!!!

7. Reuben Herries

Reuben Herries Spacer

Hi Guys, I am in New Zealand here and getting into MINI 4WD again. there is a good club and stores where I am which is great. I used to play when I was a kid and now have kids of my own the are enjoying it. I entered my first pro class race on friday and almost made the finals which was great.happy snap of my baron veinto below, love some feed back!

Attached Files:

Drew and Kaybo like this.
  8. Lollo

Lollo Box Kit

Hi guys! Checking in from Italy (https://en.turismo.marche.it), after 20 years go back to the mini and hope to do a project on MS chassis. ;)

9. Mudman2001

Mudman2001 Box Kit

Greeting folks, saw the vids online and decided to get in. Can't wait to meetup with others in the...well...southwest.

10. Marlim

Marlim Box Kit

Hello guys, my name is Marcel and I am from Jakarta, Indonesia, but now live in The Netherlands. I used to play mini 4wd in 90's when I was in elementary school. We all know how big the scene was in 90's. Entered several tournaments with my almost-stock car, but always lost against more professional racers who used modified motor (there was no such rules to use original Tamiya motor and spare-parts). I used to have Grasshopper, Top Force, Super Astute, Proto Emperor ZX, and Great Emperor. I might have some others but could not remember. After several years, I simply stopped playing and picked up other hobbies and sports.

Early this year, I went to Vietnam for vacation and saw mini 4wd again and that bring back memories. I bought Dash 1 Emperor (big fan of Yonkuro series) there. My current mini 4wds are Das 1 Emperor (MS), Astute RS (Super 2), and Aero Avante starter pack (AR). I found this forum after watching Z3N Bluster Youtube videos (thank you for your amazing videos, you help building the community and beginners like me). I am looking for a hobby shop where I can visit and buy stuff in Den Haag, Rotterdam, Utrecht, or Amsterdam area, but so far couldn't find one. If anyone here is from The Netherlands, I would like to get in touch!

11. Md 0098

Md 0098 Box Kit

Hello everyone! After for almost 15 years, here I am restarting this hobby!

Definitely challenging to say the least, regarding the progression tamiya mini4wd as a hobby has come.

During those days it's all about Rigid builds, motors, lots and lots of rollers all in a Super-1 chassis. The last chassis I got my hands on was a MS chassis. As a student we don't really have the opportunity to delve deeper in this hobby, so I stopped and focused on my studies.

What brought me back was when I went to a Tamiya hobby shop for Gunpla supplies (this happens a lot), took a moment to see the people with their cars...and I noticed it, an MS chassis.

An MS flex with adaptive bumpers, body dampers, cut hard and low friction tires.

I was blown away.

When I was about to purchase a MS, something caught my eye, it was a FM-A chassis Gunbluster XTO. That alone made me buy the FM-A .

This was a long intro lol.

Attached Files:

Drew likes this.
  12. ltr74

ltr74 FRP H-Bar

Welcome! Someday I hope to visit Singapore!

Md 0098 likes this.
  13. Daniel McWilliams

Daniel McWilliams Box Kit

Hello is their anyplace in NYC to race or near by?

14. ltr74

ltr74 FRP H-Bar

HobbyTown in Tom's River NJ is the best place I know of near NYC. There is a NJ Facebook group that would likely know of more places in the area.

15. Daniel McWilliams

Daniel McWilliams Box Kit

2 plus hour train ride and uber

16. Md 0098

Md 0098 Box Kit

If the day comes, check out Tamiya Stargek in Paya Lebar!

And try out the food all over Singapore!

17. ltr74

ltr74 FRP H-Bar

Yes, when I visit I will be going to Stargek. I have two friends from school that live in Singapore so I know they will make sure I get lots of excellent food!

Md 0098 likes this.
  18. WGHunter

WGHunter Box Kit

Hi yall, my name's Hunter and I just started in the Austin, TX area. Chad Mote (I saw him around the forums) runs the events, and I'm pretty much hooked. Only have a few cars, but started with a box stock Silwolf and using Spark Rouge as a tune up chassis (I like MA chassis, not sure why). I don't have a lot of "meta" knowledge, but watching lots of YouTubers and asking questions about setups. Next up is getting good rechargeable batteries, and working on my rollers and dampers!

Attached Files:

Md 0098 likes this.
  19. Md 0098

Md 0098 Box Kit

Rechargeable batteries helps a ton!

20. Spirit Of Motorsport

Spirit Of Motorsport Washer

Welcome to the world of Mini4WD! Great to see that you're diving right in. The MA chassis is a good choice to start off with because of its balance and relatively easy to tune. I actually started with a MA myself and I got sucked right in. Once you start modifying and racing with it, you'll start to feel out its strengths and weakenesses. Getting rechargeable NiMh batteries and ball-bearing rollers will make you a lot faster (especially if you add upgrade to bearings within the chassis as well). Feel free to ask us questions and I'm sure one of us will be glad to help! Have fun and keep racing!

Md 0098 likes this.