1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General' started by M4R, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Ohio Mini4wd

Ohio Mini4wd Box Kit

Hey, I'm Josh and I am just starting an Ohio, USA based Mini4wd racing league. I was introduced to these as a kid and want to pass it on. It is encouraging to see new leagues in the States and I want to get involved and start something local.

If you want to follow or get involved I have a Facebook page called Ohio Mini4wd. Check it out, hopefully there will be midwest races in the near future!

AaronWebb91 likes this.
  2. Eisenhardt

Eisenhardt Box Kit

Hi, my name is Jens and I am living in Germany. Unfortunately Mini 4 wd is not officially sold in my country but I saw the cars first time during business trip to Tokyo last year. This year I bought 5 cars with 5 different chassis and built my own 4 lane track from card board. It took me around 30 hours but now it is good working. My main car with Light Dash Motor can stay on track without problems. IMG_20190514_175222.jpg IMG_20190514_175217.jpg IMG_20190514_165726.jpg IMG_20190514_165717.jpg IMG_20190514_171953.jpg

3. PETIT Vincent

PETIT Vincent Box Kit

Hello everyone, I'M Vincent from France. We started mini 4wd last year with some friends. All beginners racers, so I'm looking for tips, we look some vids on youtube and we are trying to get faster and faster !

For Jens and all european racers, mini 4wd tracks can be find in Italy. Japan Cup junior tracks and some goods.

AaronWebb91 likes this.
  4. george05

george05 Box Kit

hi, my name is george from philippines.
    recently i started mini 4wd and currently im here in dubai. before when i was a kid im a fun of mini 4wd. right now im still amazed on how mini4wd change.

my kit is ms chasis thunder shot mk2. at first when i started building this kit along with intermediate type of modification it always has a problem in the track. right now I'm checking all the infos on this forums it really helps a lot but I'm keep on wondering whether to change my current ms to other chasis because its really hard to modify.

anyways thanks a lot

AaronWebb91 likes this.
  5. ltr74

ltr74 Aluminum Lock Nut

Welcome. Im guessing you race at Otaku ME?

MS chassis even without a flex setup can be quite good. Front and rear bumper less with front mounted body damper will run well. While it helps, don't really need to do anything crazy with sliding dampers, pivots and anchor systems to have a solid car.

AaronWebb91 likes this.
  6. Cobracon

Cobracon Box Kit

Hi all. I'm Robert for Michigan, USA. We have no mini 4wd up here at all. Been ordering off ebay and such. Hope to build a track here at home as my 4yr old loves the cars.

AaronWebb91 likes this.
  7. Anthony Paul Uy

Anthony Paul Uy Box Kit

Hello everyone, my name is Anthony from Pasig, Philippines. been into Cars since I was a kid 1980's. Got into Mini 4wd in the Super X chassis days. Now back in it since late 2018. Been following Sir Jan's (ZNbuster's youtube channel), Cielshock, and other youtube channels. Current projects are a FM-A chassis speedtech setup, a MS chassis both speedtech setup, FM-A and my old Super X chassis for prostock. Unfortunately, Speedway Phil which is the nearest to where I live closed shop and is moving so I ended up buying some 2nd hand racetracks to build and improve the cars before I try going to Brickyard.

Photos are older photos of my FM-A a lot has changed from these photos. No photos yet of the MS.

Attached Files:

8. ckalli

ckalli Screw

Greetings from Dubai, UAE. I very recently discovered this hobby and have taken a deep dive into it. Came across the forum to learn more.
    there are currently 2 tracks in Dubai with active races on the weekends. Otaku ME and Go Cheap AE.

Ive got myself a Abilista (MA) Japan Cup 2018 edition and plan to enter for a few stock races till i figure things out. i have a few upgraded plastic rollers and an Atomic tuned 2 PRO motor. Now im researching creative ways to slow the car down to complete the track!

9. AaronWebb91

AaronWebb91 Box Kit

Yo! From Muncie, IN. Currently waiting to paint my first kit (Geo Glider). Got into this because living in IN is boring and the more hobbies the better. Currently take martial arts (tkd and judo) and play a lot of Rocket League to stay out of trouble. Always liked Gundam and games like Wipeout so seeing the Tamiya kits I knew I'd be into it.

Also big shot out to Z3N Bluster, Mass Damper, and DXN for giving great advice and responding to me on Instagram.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  10. Wiem Satriawan Putra

Wiem Satriawan Putra Box Kit

Yo...! Hi my name is wiem, im from indonesia. Im a big fans of zen bluster and also dxn provision and my biggest respect for all japanese mini4wd builder, which is always give a new setup for my MS flex chasis.
    And also this is my setup

Attached Files:

Roscoe_tm10 and AaronWebb91 like this.
  11. Chris

Chris Box Kit

Hey follow racers Chris here. I’m some what new and get sucked it to this pretty fast. I have been going to races in Toms River Hobby Town and AAA Hobbies in Magnolia Nj. Getting beat in the Stock class and Tuned but learning a lot. Racing with my kids and having a blast.

12. kemtooler

kemtooler Box Kit

Thanks for the add! I live in Round Rock, TX. I got into the mini 4wd world as it allowed me to have miniature versions of the 1/10 buggies I wanted as a kid, but could never afford. Recently, my LHS picked up a track and and has been hosting Saturday races which I've come to enjoy. I'm running the MA chassis Toyota racing Gazoo LMP with the polycarb body. I'm not sure of what race classifications are. I've made modifications to the car, so I'm definitely not box stock. Just really trying to figure all this out.

Roscoe_tm10 likes this.
  13. Mini4WDcom

Mini4WDcom Box Kit

Hi Scott... found you on M4Race... not sure how to get an event added...

14. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

Hey there Mini4wdcom
    I posted about your guys and about your website on General section.

15. Mini4WDcom

Mini4WDcom Box Kit

Love that track! thank you for sharing...

16. Mini4WDcom

Mini4WDcom Box Kit

Hey Scott! ...I see you are from Muncie, Indiana!!! That's Hudsucker Proxy territory... we will have to talk about that! Love it...

17. gonfan

gonfan Box Kit

Hi
    Im from Bekasi Indonesia. This is good forum to discussion n review all about mini 4wd. I want to improve my knowledge and skill for tamiya mini4wd.
    Nice to meet you all.

Roscoe_tm10 likes this.
  18. 808mini4wder

808mini4wder Box Kit

Hey everyone! Checking in from Hawaii! Got the bug again after stumbling on some mini 4wd stuff at my local hobby shop. I think the last time I tinkered with it was at least 20 years ago.. don’t remember the kit I had but it had aluminum roller stays before the carbon stuff came out and a plasma dash lol. Can’t seem to find my old stuff so starting new. Currently trying to put together an open class super 2 by getting ideas from Z3nbluster and mad tangs YouTube vids. Hopefully I’ll be posting pics and videos from our local track soon

Roscoe_tm10 likes this.
  19. TX2000

TX2000 Box Kit

Hey everyone!
    I am Jon from Toronto Canada been playing for 5 years now. I started this hobby again back in 2013 when I saw the Japan Cup 2013 race on youtube. I started going through my old kits and bought more parts online at the time I was running my car on a cardboard track in my basement. A year later I found a local mini 4wd group call Toronto Mini 4wd Club on the internet. It all started at a condo's party room where everyone would bring in their own 3 lane circuit and assemble a larger track we had 6 tracks at that time. A year later a hobby shop owner approached us with his empty storage room at Pacific Mall and we've been there ever since.

Last March 2019, my teammate and I along with 5 other members from Arena Mini 4wd Club in Winnipeg Canada visited Dojo and Dxn provisions we had a great time. During my stay I met a lot of great racers JT, Jan, Scott and the rest these guys are really trying hard to keep this hobby running in North America. Unfortunately we only had 3 days otherwise we would have visited Ultimate hobby as well. Meeting JT for the first time was no different from the videos lol. Jan Yap which my teammate describes you as Guan Yu from three kingdoms always being fair and helpful and to those that havent been to Dxn provisions.. please visit the Throne Room aka the (washroom) it is amazing!.

ok I think i should stop here.

To those that just started this hobby "A car kit and set of battery can help you meet a lot of racers in the world" Took this quote from a racer name Michael Hu in Hong Kong. Not sure if i translated properly though lol.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Roscoe_tm10 likes this.
  20. Bogart

Bogart Box Kit

Hi, I'm Bogart from the Philippines.

Tamiya Mini 4WD are one of my hangups in life, you see, 20 years ago, this was an epidemic in the Philippines but the problem was, i was still a student and there is no chance in hell my parents will fund my hobby. I didn't have enough money to be competetive, now i have a job, i can now support this hobby.

Roscoe_tm10 likes this.