1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General' started by M4R, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

IMG_20190217_145257804.jpg I am new to this as well bought an AR chassis, but heard that MA chassis do very well,so just built black/yellow Festa Jaune today.iam handicap on the right side ,so it takes me awhile.I have another MA chassis Car on the way too.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  2. paolo subrabas

paolo subrabas Box Kit

helo all im from the philippines and i just got back to the hobby after 15 years.

Roscoe_tm10 likes this.
  3. reyasem

reyasem Screw

Hi yall, im ray from Indonesia.

I started playing with mini4wd when i was in elementary school, but later on, i decided to sell most of my stuff (i really regretted it now) and i only spared super avante and spin viper since they have more sentinental values to me.

And now that i have a job, i spotted a bootleg astute in a local shop,and tha reminds me of my elementary years and i now decided to collect again.

Now that i i remember of all the things i sold, i really really regretted it, i i sold a lot of stuffs for only about 10 usd or so, granted they're only bootlegs but still, there were at least 15 cars with motors and all, i couldve gotten more for em.

Anyway, thanks for having me.

One question: is there a thread somewhere where i can talk about bootleg stuff? Or is it not allowed in here?

4. David S.

David S. Spacer

Hi Reyasem - welcome to this forum: there are so many knowledgeable people on here it's definitely a good place to rekindle your interest in the hobby.

The mods have done a great job in setting up and promoting this forum and have a thriving racing community - operating under official Tamiya race rules - going on in Southern California, with ambitions to continue growing, as I understand it, with Tamiya's help. Therefore this isn't really the place to discuss bootleg products/Tamiya copies.

Welcome again and enjoy rediscovering the hobby!

5. reyasem

reyasem Screw

Oh, got it, noted.

Thanks for the welcome.

6. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

Here is a cool one I built tonight special edition color. IMG_20190309_231445703.jpg

AaronWebb91 and _freezy_16_ like this.
  7. _freezy_16_

_freezy_16_ Box Kit

hi everyone!

I'm Fred from Alberta, Canada. I got into this hobby way back 2000's in the Philippines and I fell in love with it. I'm happy that up to this day, it's still going strong and there have been A LOT of updates and new stuff which is WAY different back in the day and here I am, trying to get back to enjoy this hobby. Hope we can a learn a lot in this forum. As what the famous Tamiya Mini 4WD Anime tagline says, "Let's and GO!!!!" ;)

PS: Is there someone here from Canada as well? I might need to ask some directions on where to start buying or sourcing items. I find it really hard to get Mini 4wd stuff here in Canada. Or I might not be looking hard enough. :(

AaronWebb91 likes this.
  8. ltr74

ltr74 FRP H-Bar

Welcome!

I know there are people racing in Vancouver, Toronto and Winnipeg. The Toronto and Winnipeg racers are here in Southern California this weekend racing.

9. _freezy_16_

_freezy_16_ Box Kit

hi ltr74!

thanks for letting me know! yes there are racers in those places but im having a hard time finding their team/s or if they have a store or shop where they buy mini 4wd stuff from. :(

10. Luke Westbrook

Luke Westbrook Box Kit

Getting into mini 4wd for the first/ish time. I owned a car in the 90's but didn't have a track or anyone to race with. recently picked up a small track and going to race some friends up here in north texas. - Luke

AaronWebb91 likes this.
  11. ElTee3

ElTee3 Box Kit

Hello! I’m new to the sport, but it’s my new obsession. I live near DxN in Arcadia, Ca, and I took my son there one night, not knowing that it was a race hobby shop. After building cars that night, I was hooked. I’m currently working on my first tuned build, AR chassis. I look forward to reading the forum (I tend to read more than I post), and learning more about mini 4WDs.

12. Spirit Of Motorsport

Spirit Of Motorsport Washer

Glad to see more new faces join the scene! DXN also started my obsession with Mini4WD! Make sure you follow all of their social media to keep up with the latest race schedules. I hope to see you there Friday night for the Two-Make team race!

ElTee3 likes this.
  13. Corweena

Corweena Spacer

You're definitely lucky you live close to DXN. It's the best place to learn and grow your knowledge of the sport. Scott and Edgar are both super helpful for any questions you may ask, as well as giving advice on general setups. It's a lot to take in at first, but once you have an idea if what works and what doesnt, it gets really fun once you begin to push your cars faster and faster.

AaronWebb91 and ElTee3 like this.
  14. ltr74

ltr74 FRP H-Bar

Welcome. I'm sure we'll see you there. You should talk to Scott and Edgar about the new class we are working on. It's going to be a kind of lower cost spec class. For about $60 you can have a fully set up car. We're still working out some of the finer points of the rules but it should be a good stepping stone, especially for newer racers.

ElTee3 likes this.
  15. Erwin Nathaniel Arribas

Erwin Nathaniel Arribas Box Kit

Hi im Erwin from London. Just got back into mini 4wd racing after 18 years. Luckily i found a group on facebook which consists of mini 4wd enthusiasts in the UK and decided to give it a go. We had a fun race last 16 march and it was loads of fun. Brought back memories. Hopefully next one is in may. Unfortunately it’s in blackpool and have to drive 220 miles to get there.

David S. and Drew like this.
  16. Snoopa

Snoopa Box Kit

Hi good day! I just got back to mini4wd hobby. I’m from the Philippines. Looking forward to learn a lot of new things here.

Btw, I’m lurking around this forum for a while now.

Drew likes this.
  17. Kajiren

Kajiren Screw

Kajiren here, also from PH. I do mainly ProStock, but slowly transitioning to SpeedTech builds using both MA and MS. I also do my own paints on my cowls, as my other hobby is customizing Gunpla. Hope you guys can enlighten me with updated tech!

18. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

Well once again a new build love building the MA chasiss IMG_20190330_190924308.jpg

AaronWebb91, Ohio Mini4wd and ElTee3 like this.
  19. r_s_macs

r_s_macs Box Kit

Reese here. From the Philippines as well. Used to be very active in the local racing scene 5-10 years ago but I've been absent for the longest time, also ran a few groups and pages back then. Surprising how much things have changed!

20. Bryantorio

Bryantorio Box Kit

Hi i am Bryan from Philippines, i am crafting race track. :)

SignOfZeta likes this.