1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with trans

Discussion in 'VZ' started by Avila Manaut, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Avila Manaut

Avila Manaut Washer

Hello again, I have tried a lot of stuff to make my vz works properly but I just can't, It keeps making this annoying noise and being like really slow on track. In all your wisdom could you tell me how to it...

Attached Files:

2. Ezra&Danny

Ezra&Danny Washer

Hi Avila, have you check and see if the 1.5 mm spacer you have in between the crown and the spur gear is making the gear not spin freely?

3. Avila Manaut

Avila Manaut Washer

I already removed it and still makes that noise, I've actually replaced all the gears and spacers and still can't find why...

4. Ezra&Danny

Ezra&Danny Washer

do you have the video? or sound i can listen to <--nvm just saw the video file :p

5. Avila Manaut

Avila Manaut Washer

6. XIV1V

XIV1V Box Kit

I managed to make my vz quiet by snugging the motor and adding polycarb to the gearbox to stop the movement of the shaft. I also used washers to keep the counter gear and spur gear from dancing around. Heres a link to a reddit post I made: Reddit link

Avila Manaut likes this.
  7. Avila Manaut

Avila Manaut Washer

Thanks for the reply, I will try something similar, also... Do you think that's the reason it is so slow? Have a similar roller / brake setting in a MS flex also without footing gears and it is considerably faster

8. NoobGear

NoobGear Box Kit

Do you have a yellow Front Under Guard, it is hard to tell in the video? If so, it looked like the front wheels were rubbing. Also I heard this in an opponents VZ car and his motor was moving faster then the pinion. For him it was a USED pinion and he had to replace it with a Brand New pinion. He got the JR SETTING GEAR SET 15456. The gears worked in his VZ and he went with 3.7:1 gears and is car jumps better.

Avila Manaut likes this.
  9. Feroce

Feroce Screw

It looks like some gears are touching each other.

Other than what's in the video above, try to push the motor pinion gear slightly further to prevent touching the dent on the counter gear. You could also use some motor spacers behind the spur gear and the crown gear in the front. In general you have to check everything on your car step by step, that way you will find the problem easier.

10. Avila Manaut

Avila Manaut Washer

Thanks for the reply, I've been working in the trans and now is slightly better, haven't replaced the pinking gear, probably it's still moving towards the counter gear and can be causing some extra friction, the underguard doesn't touch the wheels, I've checked that and I know those aren't the best option for a front break but I love how those works, really helps to keeps the jumping stable in my opinion, still my ms flexible chassis seems to perform better overall.