1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Body modifications

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Turbo83, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Turbo83

Turbo83 Box Kit

Good morning everyone,
    My son and I are very new to this type of racing.
    I'm a long time model car builder and been doing modifications and resin casting for just as long.
    My question is. What are the rules for body modications.
    I want to use the supplied body and modify it to the look we want.
    We bought the rowdy bull and want to paint it to look like Bumble bee from transformers and I want to modify baron Venito to look like a stock car 37 ford racer.
    Thanks!
    Our local track was running a race today but my son wanted to get his first car and build it right away!

2. ltr74

ltr74 FRP Popsicle

Welcome!

It's difficult to answer since different places enforce rules differently.

If you are building just for show, that's your choice. I'll address a little about rules for racing here. First rule is 100% Tamiya mini 4wd parts only. Box stock is what came in the box, that's it. No cutting or lightening the car though you can choose to leave parts off the car. Color parts swap for same part is generally allowed. Painting, stickers and detailing is pretty wide open. Making decorative parts generally is not allowed for box stock. Since you can't modify anything in box stock, adding extra decoration can be seen as a type of tuning. If the rear of the car is bouncing too much, adding weight as decoration can calm the car down and make it perform better, etc...

The Rowdy Bull could pretty easily become Bumble Bee(Unless you're talking about the VW Bumble Bee ;) with paint, suckers and detailing. The Baron Viento again could look more like a 37 ford stock car with model work and not really adding to the kit.