1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

BEST TUNED CLASS CHASSIS?

Discussion in 'General' started by Taufik akhmal, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Taufik akhmal

Taufik akhmal Box Kit

Im new to the hobby and thinking to get my 2nd tuned cars, already got the MA , but im not happy with the bouncing problem.any suggestion?

2. Ezra&Danny

Ezra&Danny Washer

Do you have a picture of your machine? Maybe I can help you out with a potential solution to the bouncing problem on your MA chassis. Technically you can make all chassis work however because of no modification to the Chassis rule in the Tuned class, chassis with more mounting holes are preferable. In general, there are three types, mid-shift, front mount, rare mount motor chassis. There is no perfect chassis but they all have their own pros and cons. Of course, you have to learn how to maximize the pros of the chassis but also learning how to utilize the cons to your advantage is a skill that separates the pros from a hobbyist. If you are looking to get a new chassis/ kit that will require less work to be able to compete then I'll recommend Vz chassis https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/132-vs/jr-neo-vqs-advanced-pack/vz-chassis/ By far the best kit for the price you pay. But again this one has its own pros and cons and discovering the little nuances that change the outcome is the excitement of this hobby.

3. Taufik akhmal

Taufik akhmal Box Kit

Yes, ill post the pitcure tommorow, seems like my caes hard to compete against super 2 domination for tuned class in my country, but im still courious about my MA , im wondering is it worthit if i mastered this chassis without a backup car, bcs right now im very confused about mass damper set up/ weight distribution.
    About the neo vqs,i already have that. that is my 1st mini 4wd after 20 years ,lol.but i just build and make it as my office decoration.
    Bcs i tought vz its not as good as many other chassis as i rarelly see racer in my country use it

4. Ezra&Danny

Ezra&Danny Washer

It all depends because I have dominated for a long stretch of the period with VZ in tuned class. Winning many first places in small and big races. That picture is one of my VZ machine that I won many races with. Also if the track setup is favoring super 2 then VZ will do well on that track as well.

If you are not having fun with MA Chassis then definitely explore others before settling down with one particular chassis. I had to try out all chassis before settling down with one because I wanted to understand the pros and cons of all and decide what fits best for my taste. Having a different backup machine, chassis and different setup are important if you are really serious about competing because different motor mount favors different setup of the track.

5. Taufik akhmal

Taufik akhmal Box Kit

Wow, im definetly take my vz starter pack to the race on saturday as my aecond car, but im afraid my shipment for rollers eyc not arrived in time,lol.
    So rn im focusing on my MA , would you like to help me with my setup?

6. Vic_8112

Vic_8112 Box Kit

Hello bro Taufik,

I'm also from Indonesia. Where do you usually run your cars?

I'm currently not intending to go pro, just doing it as a hobby and for fun only.

My current main machine is a VZ chassis and usually running it at Graha Tamiya (Gading Serpong).

Perhaps we can meet up one day and have fun with our machines?

7. Taufik akhmal

Taufik akhmal Box Kit

Yasss, i usually going to bosku garage @blokM mall once a week to do SD class cengrace,lol.
    Getting tired of my MA beaten by s2 user, currently building my vz but still not sure about the set up that i want.
    Sure bro, just hit me up on WA if wanna race or just do some test run