1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Beating The Orange Ramp

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Roscoe_tm10, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Roscoe_tm10

Roscoe_tm10 Spacer

I got so many question about how to pass through a jump ramp (orange ramp). Though it's not commonly used anymore in Japan, it's quite popular in some country. I have to admit that it can be a real pain in the *ss. Beginners will most likely find it difficult to deal with this obstacle.

Based on my experience, there are some stuff that will contribute in passing through a jump ramp.

1. Weight Distribution (mass damper placement and type of mass damper)
    2. Ground clearance (GC)
    3. Brake setup

I usually like to keep the front GC lower than the rear and put a stronger brake on the front.

The speed of your car itself also one of a factor that need to be considered when setting up your car.

I hope this video can give you a better understanding:

2. Soybi

Soybi Spacer

I havent encountered a jump ramp yet but i would love to experience it so I can conquer it :) as for slopes, even though I am using ARFM, no rear mass damper, and just a front body lantern of bowcylinder combination, it doesnt really land first on its nose even with the weight distribution all in front, i use slanted green break in front and black break on rear. but for full speed type that has 3 straight panel receivers after a slope, I type the front and rear break. take note that I use ultra dash with 4.1:1 gear ratio and an all narrow sandwhich tires under 26mm diameter.
    PS: i haven't watched the video yet