1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Another "normal" S2

Discussion in 'Super I / II' started by PersonalUser, Jun 5, 2017.

1. PersonalUser

PersonalUser Washer

With the success of my other S2, I decided to make another one! but with a twist! I plan to make this S2 similar to the successful one but with twists! Or perhaps very slight changes suggested by YOU! Yes you! This'll be a project car of sorts to where I try a bunch of stuff suggested by you and me whenever I come accross something interesting!

As of now it's a pretty basic japan cup style S2 but it's fairly short as it roughly has 10-15mm left to increase from its length to maximize the dimension box.

IMG_7509.JPG
    I decided to make this brake slot of sorts I've seen from videos, Instagram posts and from the app Condele! I've had several incidents where my front brake just rips off when going through a slope or a bank so yeah! IMG_7510.JPG
    This is the S2 machine in its entirety! All black to fit its mystery as to what's gonna happen to it! And also because whenever it gets dirty, it's not dirty...
    IMG_7511.JPG
    Here's the car from beneath! The countersunk screw set hasn't been released here in the Philippines so I might've had to go to local hardware stores to get em, but due to my mental requirement of all tamiya, I just put the countersunk screws where it has most of its effectiveness used.

noypiastig and zerosc like this.
  2. PersonalUser

PersonalUser Washer

IMG_7523.JPG #GetStabilized
    I used the shaft stoppers that tamiya offers to create these carbon stabilizers, as of now the carbon piece is flat on beside the shaft stopper, im planning on using a longer screw with some spacers to make it closer to the edge of the rollers so that'd it work more effective hehe

3. zerosc

zerosc Spacer

like the use of the shaft stopers and the cut out for the break pretty sneaky

PersonalUser likes this.
  4. PersonalUser

PersonalUser Washer

Yup, constant sourcing through youtubers like Z3n Bluster and apps like Condele can really mess your brain up haha, planning to do more stuff to this S2 that seems different and effective hehe

warwick and zerosc like this.
  5. csafu

csafu Box Kit

Super solid my guy. Just about to buy a rotary blade so I hope you don't mind if I steal some design ideas from you haha. How do you cut your plates?